The first of its kind in the region and a must-visit for trading card games fans, comes Card Games Asia (CGA2015). Happening on the 15th and 16th of August 2015 at Suntec City Convention Hall 405, the event will bring together more than 12 leading participating brands and games from both Japanese and Western card game developers. An event dedicated to promoting both physical and digital card games in Asia, the event will host tournaments for seasoned players and free demonstrations and tutorials for new gamers.
Card game industry giants such as Bushiroad (Cardfight!! Vanguard, Future Card Buddyfight, Weiss Schwarz, Chaos), Takara Tomy (Wixoss), Kadokawa (Dreadnought, Ange Vierge, Arcadia Tribe of Silver Key), Sega (Sangokushi Taisen), Blizzard (Hearthstone), Force of Will, Avarium Academy, Ultra Pro and more are just some of the many companies that are participating.
Organised by Nexus Ark and sponsored by Gensis Frontier, the entry to the event is an affordable SGD$2. Considering the amount of freebies you can get, it is quite a snatch.
Updated: Venue Map and Time-table!
Card Games Asia
Date: 15 and 16 August 2015
Time: 10am – 6pm
Venue: Suntec City Convention Hall 405
Entrance fee: SGD$2
Organised by: Nexus Ark
Supported by: Bushiroad, Takara Tomy, Kadokawa
Sponsored by: Genesis Frontier
Media partner: SOZO
A list of exciting activities listed below:
Bushiroad – Cardfight!! Vanguard, Future Card Buddyfight, Weiss Schwarz, Chaos
- Learn to Play Cardfight!! Vanguard, Future Card Buddy Fight or Weiss Schwarz and receive free premiums like promotional cards and more.
- Mobile Game Demos: Try out Bushimo mobile games such as the popular Love Live! School Idol Festival and Crayon Shin-chan.
- Participate in tournaments for Cardfight!! Vanguard, Future Card Buddy Fight, Weiss Schwarz and Chaos to receive promotional cards.
- Buy these limited edition items at the Bushiroad Booth – Mermaid Idol Summer Set and Bermuda Photo set.
Takara Tomy – Wixoss
- Participate in the 3 step promotion and receive three promotional cards (limited quantities)
Step 1: Learn to play Wixoss and receive 1 promotional card.
Step 2: Buy a Wixoss Trial deck (S$14) and receive a promotional card.
Step 3: Buy a booster box and receive a promotional card.
- 15th Aug Sat: Open qualifiers for a place in the finals. Winner flies to Japan to play in the Wixoss Cup in Tokyo.
- 16th Aug Sun: Watch the finalists from Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia deck it out to see who will represent the region in the finals in Tokyo!
- Participate in other Wixoss tournaments and receive promotional cards.
Kadokawa – Dreadnought, Ange Vierge, Arcadia Tribe of Silver Key
- Learn to play Kadokawa Card games: Ange Vierge and Dreadnought and receive premiums.
- Be one of the first to play the soon to be released Arcadia Tribe of the Silver Key, an interesting blend of mobile gaming and table top gaming.
- Exclusively at Ultra Pro booth in limited quantities: Get your Red Dragon Life Counter.
- Purchase any Ultra Pro accessory, use it to play a game at the Ultra pro booth and receive a free ultra pro drawstring bag.
Sega – Sangokushi Taisen
- Participate in the Sangokushi Taisen main tournament to receive prizes, promotional items and more.
- Take part in the all day on-demand tournaments to earn precious promotional packs.
- Join free workshops to learn how to play.
Blizzard – Hearthstone
- Join other Heroes of Azeroth and aim to be the Champion in the Hearthstone tournament. Exclusive prizes are prepared for high-ranking players.
- Hop in for a demo game or relax in the viewing area to watch the live feed of players battling it out.
Force of Will
- Learn to play Force of Will and receive free premiums.
- Participate in the Force of Will tournament to earn limited promotional cards, attractive prizes and more.
- Learn to play this new and interactive card game just released this year.
Modern Masters / FTV: Angels tournament, supported by Dueller’s Point
Card Games Asia
Attendees will also receive a free goodie bag if they complete a survey. The goodie bag will contain an assortment of premium card gaming items, trial decks, special promotional cards and more. To obtain the goodie bag, attendees can drop by the CGA official booth inside the hall to fill up a short survey and exchange their entry ticket for a goodie bag.
One entry ticket only allows exchange of one goodie bag. Goodie bag contents may also differ and exchange of goodie bags for another is not allowed.
* Disclaimer : Activities are subjected to change without prior notice
Comments are closed for this post.