As excitement builds up for the first part of Digimon Adventure Tri., Bandai is releasing two great replicas from the series which defined the childhoods of many around the world, Digimon. We’ve already previewed the first one, which is Taichi’s goggles, and now, Bandai has opened the pre-orders for their new Digimon Adventure tri. Complete Digivice.
Inspired by the newer version of the Digivice from the upcoming 6-part animated movie series, this new replica does not only light up, but it also features the voices of the original eight partner Digimons, whose seiyuus are also returning for the new anime. They are:
- Chika Sakamoto (Toriko’s Chiyo) as Agumon
- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto’s Naruto) as Gomamon
- Katori Shigematsu as Piyomon
- Shihomi Mizowaki a.k.a. Kinoko Yamada (Itakiss’s Jinko Komori) as Palmon
- Mayumi Yamaguchi (Full Metal Alchemist’s Envy) as Gabumon
- Miwa Matsumoto (Wedding Peach’s Jama-P)as Patamon
- Takahiro Sakurai (Code: Geass’s Suzaku Kururugi) as Tentomon
- Yuka Tokumitsu (PreCure’s Rina Takashimizu) as Gatomon/ Tailmon
The Digivice will also play the newer versions of the Digimon OP song, Butter-Fly, and the Digimon “Digivolution” song, Brave Heart, both of which are performed by Kouji Wada. Butter-Fly can be played for 90 seconds while Brave Heart can be played for 30 seconds. It also “Digivolves” the Digimon, and its color changes depending on who is undergoing the process.
The new Digivice is now available for pre-orders, exclusively via Premium Bandai, and it costs 8,100 yen, tax included. The product comes with a special Taichi Summer Camp tag strap and is set for release on December 2015. Pre-orders are open only until 24 September 2015, however, Bandai has announced that since demand for these Digivices are high, they are considering a second release.