Filming has finally started in Italy for the live-action film adaptation Hiromu Arakawa’s worldwide bestselling manga, Full Metal Alchemist, and actor Ryousuke Yamada has been seen in the Italian town of Volterra, where he was spotted wearing a familiar costume…
Yamada is playing the one and only Edward Elric in the film, and he was seen with a few other Japanese in the town. The Italian newspaper, La Nazione, which revealed the image, also posted that the movie’s film crew, together with their filming equipment, have also been spotted in Volterra.
Slated to premiere sometime in Winter 2017, the film adaptation of Full Metal Alchemist will star
- Ryosuke Yamada as Edward Elric
- Tsubasa Honda as Winry Rockbell
- Dean Fujioka as Roy Mustang
- Ryuuta Satou as Captain Maes Hughes
- Yo Oizumi as Major Shou Tucker
- Yasuko Matsuyuki as Lust
- Kanata Hongou as Envy
- Shinji Uchiyama as Gluttony
- Misako Renbutsu as Riza Hawkeye
- Natsuki Harada as Gracia Hughes
- Jun Kunimura as Doctor Marco
- Fumiyo Kohinata as General Hakuro
- Natsuna as Maria Ross
- Kenjiro Ishimaru as Father Cornello
In an earlier interview, Director Fumihiko Sori revealed that unlike live-action film adaptations of popular manga titles like Rurouni Kenshin, Attack on Titan, and Chihayafuru, the story of the Elric brothers will be told in only one stand-alone movie, and remember, this movie promises to stay loyal to the source, so one might wonder how they will fit all of that story material in one feature-length film. Details on how Alphonse Elric will look like have not yet been revealed, however.
Comments are closed for this post.