Osamu Akimoto’s Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo, or KochiKame for short, is getting a new TV anime project for its 40th anniversary. It was announced that it will be a 1-hour TV special, and will guest star the lead seiyuu of other legendary manga from Weekly Shounen Jump!
-- Advertisment --
Fuji TV will be airing the anime special on 18th September. It was revealed that the special will have plenty of big guests, and will follow the kidnapping of a foreign princess named Sabrina, who then gets rescued by Ryotsu. The cast of the anime will include:
- LaSalle Ishii as Kankichi Ryotsu
- Yumi Morio as Reiko Akimoto
- Mitsuru Miyamoto as Keiichi Nakagawa
- Haruki Sayama as Daijiro Ohara
- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto’s seiyuu) as Sabrina
- Akira Kamiya (Kinnikuman’s seiyuu) as Kidnapper leader
- Takeshi Kusao (Slam Dunk’s Sakuragi Hanamichi) as Kidnapper #1
- Ryotaro Okiayu (Toriko’s seiyuu) as Kidnapper #2
- Masakazu Morita (Bleach’s Ichigo Kurosaki) as Kidnapper #3
The manga, which was first launched back in 1976, is still going strong today. It has inspired various anime adaptations, as well as live-action movies, dramas, and stage plays. It will also be getting a new stage play, which will run from 9 – 19 September 2016 at the AiiA 2.5 Theater in Tokyo, before heading to Osaka’s Sankei Hall Breeze from 23 – 25 September. It will once again star LaSalle Ishii as Kankichi Ryoutsu. He played the character in previous anime adaptations and stage plays.
Source: Comic Natalie