Saying that One Piece is really popular in Japan is an understatement. In fact, it’s so popular that it even has its own kabuki play, which is also quite popular itself. And much like previous One Piece Kabuki performances, legendary Kabuki actor, Ichikawa Ennosuke IV, will once again reprise his role as Luffy. And now, the staff has also released a brand new PV via YouTube:
The original One Piece Kabuki play started its run from October until November 2015. It was so successful that all 100,000 tickets for the Tokyo run sold out in a matter of days. It then ran shows in Osaka and Fukuoka last year, and they also held theatrical screenings last October.
As for this new Kabuki run, it will happen from 5th October until 26th November, at the Shinbashi Enbujou theater in Ginza, Tokyo.
The play’s cast comprises of:
- Ichikawa Ennosuke IV as Luffy, Hancock, Shanks
- Ichikawa Ukon as Whitebeard
- Bandou Minosuke II as Zoro, Bentham, Squard
- Nakamura Hayato as Sanji, Inazuma
- Ichikawa Shunen II as Nami, Sandersonia
- Ichikawa Koutarou as Hatchan, Sentomaru
- Ichikawa Juen as Avalo Pizarro
- Ichikawa Emisaburou as Nyon
- Ichikawa Enya II as Jinbei, Blackbeard (Teach)
- Ichikawa Emiya II as Nico Robin, Marigold
- Ichikawa Omezou VI as Magellan
- Ichikawa Monnosuke VIII as Tsuru
- Seiji Fukushi as Ace
- Noritoshi Kashima as Brook, “Akainu” Sakazuki
- Kazuyuki Asano as Rayleigh, Ivankov, Sengoku
The lead actor, who plays Luffy, Hancock, and Shanks, Ichikawa Ennosuke IV, is also a seiyuu. In the One Piece anime, he previously voiced the character of Komei in the One Piece TV special, Adventure of Nevlandia.
Source: One Piece Kabuki official