Netflix is adapting Kei Sanbe’s critically-acclaimed murder mystery manga, Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi into a love-action TV series. Now, the global streaming giant has revealed a brand new trailer for the upcoming new adaptation. This new trailer introduces us to main character Satoru Fujinuma, as well as the show’s story.
And the video doesn’t just preview the story, but also the series’ ED song, “Akane” by Kanojo in the Display. Netflix will be streaming the new TV series in Japan starting 15th December before releasing it globally this winter. Its cast will consist of:
- Reo Uchikawa as Satoru Fujinuma (child)
- Mio Yuuki as Airi Katagiri
- Rinka Kakihara as Kayo Hinazuki (child)
- Shigeyuki Totsugi as Gaku Yashiro
- Yuuki Furukawa as Satoru Fujinuma (adult)
- Tomoka Kurotani as Sachiko Fujinuma
- Noriko Eguchi as Akemi Hinazuki
- Jin Shirasu as Kenya Kobayashi
- Hidekazu Mishima as Sawada
Ten Shimoyama directed the series together with Kansai TV/Cocoon production in 4K resolution. They also filmed it in the manga’s own real-life location, which of course is Tomakomai City, Hokkaido. As for Furukawa, who plays the adult Satoru, he’s also exactly the same age as his character from the manga, which is 29-years old.
I expect drama to be good.