In the Love, Chuunibyou, & Other Delusions -Take on Me- film, the chuunis are going all over Japan for an adventure. Now, Kyoto Animation has dropped a new trailer for the film, and it features one massive Easter Egg. And yes, this new Easter Egg got fans talking, as well as speculating a long-standing theory.
So, why did the trailer get fans excited? Because it featured the Tamaya shop, the mochi shop which Tamako’s family runs in Tamako Market. Of course, this fueled tons of speculations from fans whether Tamako and friends, or other KyoAni characters will make cameos in the film. This also fuels speculations on whether Kyoto Animation’s anime share the same universe.
-- Advertisment --
But while fans are talking about the possibilities of a shared KyoAni universe, the studio itself hasn’t confirmed anything yet. As for the film, the new trailer also confirms that it will premiere in Japan on 6th January. It will follow a new story where Yuuta and Rikka elope and travel all over Japan. Its cast includes:
- Jun Fukuyama as Yuuta Togashi
- Maaya Uchida as Rikka Takanashi
- Chinatsu Akasaki as Shinka Nibutani
- Azumi Asakura as Kumin Tsuyuri
- Sumire Uesaka as Sanae Dekomori
- Juri Nagatsuma as Satone Shichimiya
- Souichiro Hoshi as Makoto Isshiki
- Eri Sendai as Tokka Takanashi
- Kaori Fukuhara as Kuzuha Togashi
- Kikuko Inoue as Nanase Tsukumo
- Junko Iwao as Rikka’s mother