After a week of teasing a big announcement, Yuki Suetsugu’s Chihayafuru manga finally reveals their plans. According to the first issue of Be-Love Magazine for 2018, the manga is celebrating its 10th anniversary with a bang. Of course, since this is Chihayafuru, they really spared no expense to celebrate this milestone achievement.
-- Advertisment --
First, the magazine revealed that 33 renowned mangaka will be showing off their own Chihayafuru tribute art in the next issue, as well as a few messages. Of course, these mangaka include a who’s who in the manga industry, and they include:
- Gosho Aoyama (Detective Conan)
- Hirohiko Araki (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
- Hiromu Arakawa (Fullmetal Alchemist, Silver Spoon, and The Heroic Legend of Arslan)
- Natsumi Ando (Arisa)
- Chica Umino (March comes in like a lion, Honey & Clover)
- Mari Okazaki (Suppli)
- Kazune Kawahara (Aozora Yell)
- Kei Sanbe (ERASED
- Karuho Shiina (Kimi ni Todoke)
- Mayu Shinjo (Ai o Utau yori Ore ni Oborero!)
- Rumiko Takahashi (Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Urusei Yatsura, Kyoukai no Rinne)
- Hiro Mashima (Fairy Tail, Rave Master)
- Ayu Watanabe (LDK)
- Toriko Chiya (Clover)
- Aoi Nishimata (Shuffle!)
- Satoru Hiura (Hotaru’s Way)
- Norifusa Mita (Investor Z)
Aside from the tribute arts, Perfume, which performed the live-action film’s theme song, will also leave a special message in the same issue.
In addition, mangaka Yuki Suetsugu will also have her very first art exhibition! Titled “Chihayafuru no Sekai ~Suetsugu Yuki Hatsu Genga Ten~”, the exhibition will feature the manga’s original art, as well as its manuscripts. It will tour Tokyo, before also leaving for Osaka, and Nagoya in March, April, and May respectively.