After over a decade, we’re finally getting a new Full Metal Panic TV anime with Full Metal Panic IV: Invisible Victory. Now, the staff are revealing more details about this new anime, as well as a brand new PV:
The new video features new footage of this 4th FMP TV anime, as well as its new theme song. Tamaru Yamada is performing the theme song, which is titled “Even … if”. The staff also revealed the anime’s additional cast members as well, and they are:
- Tesshou Genda as Namusaku Police Chief
- Sho Hayami as George Lovelock
- Kappei Yamaguchi as Dragonfly (Falke AI)
- Tomokazu Sugita as Lee Fowler
- Masaki Terasoma as Wilhelm Casper
- Marina Inoue as Sabina Rechnio
- Aya Uchida as Sachi Shinohara
- Minori Chihara as Nami Kenjiro
- Tsuda as Michel Lemon
They will be joining the original cast members, who are all returning from the previous FMP anime.
- Tomokazu Seki as Sousuke Sagara
- Satsuki Yukino as Kaname Chidori
- Ikue Kimura as Kyoko Tokiwa
- Toshiyuki Morikawa as Atsunobu Hayashimizu
- Rio Natsuki as Eri Kagurazaka
- Yukana as Teletha “Tessa” Testarossa
- Shinichiro Miki as Kurz Weber
- Michiko Neya as Melissa Mao
- Akio Ohtsuka as Andrei Kalinin
- Tomomichi Nishimura as Richard Mardukas
- Daisuke Namikawa as Leonard Testarossa
- Kazuhiro Yamaji as Kurama
The anime premieres in Spring 2018, though it originally had a Fall 2017 premiere schedule. Series creator Shojo Gatoh himself confirmed this during Anime Expo in Los Angeles, California.
Xebec will be taking over the animation production for Kyoto Animation, which animated the latest OVA, Last Raid, and Fumoffu. The official website also revealed that original character designer, Osamu Horiuchi, has returned to the series. Meanwhile, Katsuichi Nakayama will be directing this new TV anime.
While GONZO handled the first anime, and Kyoto Animation handled Fumoffu and Second Raid. Full Metal Panic IV: Invisible Victory is the first Full Metal Panic anime in over a decade, with the last one, an OVA, being released back in 2006.