Nitroplus and DMM have revealed that their hit online browser game, Touken Ranbu, is getting itself a live-action film. They revealed that live-action Mars’ Saiji Yakumo is directing the film, while Attack on Titan anime’s Yasuko Kobayashi is writing the script. They also revealed a brand new teaser visual announcing the film’s official title, Touken Ranbu the Movie.
-- Advertisment --
The staff also revealed the film’s cast, and they include a few cast members from the live-action stage play. It also features one seiyuu/Kamen Rider that many of us are familiar with.
- Hiroki Suzuki as Mikazuki Munechika*
- Yoshihiro Aramaki as Yamanbagiri Kunihiro*
- Ryou Kitamura as Yagen Toushirou*
- Masanari Wada as Heshikiri Hasebe*
- Hiroaki Iwanaga (Berserk anime’s Guts) as Nihongou
- Fuuma Sadamoto as Honebami Toushirou
- Taizou Shiina as Fudou Yukimitsu *
- Tomoki Hirose as Uguisu Maru
* reprises role from the live-action stage plays
The film will premiere in 2019, so expect the staff to make more announcements as the days pass by. So far, they still haven’t revealed much, so stay tuned for more details about the film.
Source: Comic Natalie