For five decades now, mangaka Go Nagai has brought us countless classic manga. These include Devilman, Cutie Honey, and of course, Mazinger Z. And now, Toei has announced that they’re celebrating 50 years of his achievements with the Dynamic Manga Matsuri event.
-- Advertisment --
The event will also be bringing together directors, seiyuu, and other anime staff who have worked on Go Nagai’s anime. There, they will not only talk about the man himself, but also his art, storytelling, and the impact of his works. Among those attending include:
- Koji Igarashi (animation researcher)
- Yutaka Kanamaru (producer, Mazinger Z/Infinity)
- Kazuhiro Ochi, Tetsuya Yanagisawa, Kazuho Hyodo (Robot Girls Z scenario writers)
- Mariko Honda (Z-chan, Robot Girls Z)
- Hina Kino (Z-chan, Robot Girls NEO)
- Ami Hagihara (Gre-chan, Robot Girls NEO)
- Mikako Izawa (Gren-chan, Robot Girls NEO)
- Aki Sairenji (Gro-chan, Robot Girls Z)
The event staff will be announcing more names to the list in the future. It will happen at the first floor of the Nakano Central Park Convention Hall on 20th October. Entrance is free, however, the venue can only seat 250 people maximum, so they will be holding a lottery. Those lucky enough to win the seats will get the chance to watch the panel talk about the legendary mangaka. Deadline for submission of entries will be on 30th September.
source: Anime! Anime!