Touken Ranbu fans rejoice! This is because Toho Cinemas has unveiled several still images for the live-action film adaptation of the popular DMM and Nitroplus browser game! It reveals several scenes to expect in the film, as well as the cast in costume.
Live-action Mars’ Saiji Yakumo is directing the film, while Attack on Titan anime’s Yasuko Kobayashi is writing the script. The staff previously announced the film’s cast, and they include a few cast members from the live-action stage play. It also features one seiyuu/Kamen Rider that many of us are familiar with.
- Hiroki Suzuki as Mikazuki Munechika*
- Yoshihiro Aramaki as Yamanbagiri Kunihiro*
- Ryou Kitamura as Yagen Toushirou*
- Masanari Wada as Heshikiri Hasebe*
- Hiroaki Iwanaga (Berserk anime’s Guts) as Nihongou
- Fuuma Sadamoto as Honebami Toushirou
- Taizou Shiina as Fudou Yukimitsu *
- Tomoki Hirose as Uguisu Maru
* reprises role from the live-action stage plays
The film will premiere on 18 January 2019.
Source: Toho Cinemas