The official Touken Ranbu the Movie website has now updated, and it now reveals a new key visual. This new key visual has made several huge reveals for the film, including some of the actors in costume. It also announces its 18 January 2019 release date as well.
The text in the visual tells of the mission to assassinate the legendary Sengoku era warlord, Oda Nobunaga. Speaking of which, they also revealed a couple of new cast members as well. Kouji Yamamoto will be playing Oda Nobunaga, while Norito Yashima is playing Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
Live-action Mars’ Saiji Yakumo is directing the film, while Attack on Titan anime’s Yasuko Kobayashi is writing the script. The staff previously announced the film’s cast, and they include a few cast members from the live-action stage play. It also features one seiyuu/Kamen Rider that many of us are familiar with.
- Hiroki Suzuki as Mikazuki Munechika*
- Yoshihiro Aramaki as Yamanbagiri Kunihiro*
- Ryou Kitamura as Yagen Toushirou*
- Masanari Wada as Heshikiri Hasebe*
- Hiroaki Iwanaga (Berserk anime’s Guts) as Nihongou
- Fuuma Sadamoto as Honebami Toushirou
- Taizou Shiina as Fudou Yukimitsu *
- Tomoki Hirose as Uguisu Maru
* reprises role from the live-action stage plays
Source: Comic Natalie