Looks like we’re getting more live-action anthropomorphic human cells educating us about the functions of the human body. This is because Akane Shimizu‘s Cells at Work! manga is getting a second stage play! These new performances will be a direct sequel to the first play, which first ran last year. The sequel’s official title is Tainai Katsugeki Hataraku Saibou II (Internal Action Play Cells at Work II).
Much like the first play, it will be running at Theatre 1010 in Tokyo. This time, the sequel will be running performances between 27th September until 6th October 2019. Much of the cast from the first play will return, though there are a few replacements. Ryou Kitamura will replace Masanari Wada as White Blood Cell (Neutrophil), and Umino Kawamura will replace Kanon Nanaki as Red Blood Cell (Erythrocite). Meanwhile, the other cast members are:
- Yuuki Kimisawa as Killer T Cell
- Takeshi James Yamada as Cancer Cell
- Youjirou Itokawa as B Cell
- Kento Kitamura as Memory Cell
- Chihiro Kai as Regulatory T Cell
- Bishin Kawasumi as Dendritic Cell (Memory Cell)
- Kanon Miyahara as Natural Killer Cell
Keita Kawajiri is returning to direct the play. He will also be writing the scripts as well.
source: Comic Natalie