After much teasing, Toei has finally released a brand new trailer for their upcoming Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna anime film. It features adult versions of the Digidestined, as promised in earlier announcements. They also released a new visual featuring adult Taichi and Agumon.
Both the visual and the trailer reveal the film’s release date, which will be in 21 February 2020. They also released another visual, this time as a flashback of sorts to a younger version of Taichi and his partner Digimon:
During the “The Future of Digimon” panel at Anime Expo, they revealed that Tomohisa Taguchi is directing the film at Yumeta Company. He previously directed Twin Star Exorcists and Kino’s Journey – A Beautiful World. Meanwhile, original Digimon Adventure screenplay writer, Akatsuki Yamatoya is returning to the series as well. Toei Animation will be producing the film. They also confirmed the cast members, which includes:
- Natsuki Hanae as Taichi Yagami
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Yamato Ishida
- Suzuko Mimori as Sora Takenouchi
- Mutsumi Tamura as Kōshirō Izumi
- Hitomi Yoshida as Mimi Tachikawa
- Junya Ikeda as Jou Kido
- Junya Enoki as Takeru Takaishi
- M.A.O as Hikari Yagami
- Chika Sakamoto as Agumon
- Mayumi Yamaguchi as Gabumon
- Atori Shigematsu as Piyomon
- Takahiro Sakurai as Tentomon
- Kinoko Yamada as Palmon
- Junko Takeuchi as Gomamon
- Miwa Matsumoto as Patamon
- Yuka Tokumitsu as Tailmon
The Digidestined cast members will be reprising their roles from the Digimon Adventure Try series, while the Digimon cast are reprising their roles from the classic 1999 TV anime.
Be the first to write a comment.