Last year, the idols from Nogizaka46 performed in a new original musical play adapting Naoko Takeuchi’s Sailor Moon franchise. And now, that play is returning, but it will have a whole new cast.
As the new visual shows, the play’s main cast will include (from left to right in the image above):
- Junna ItOu (Nogizaka46) as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
- Hazuki Mukai (Nogizaka46) as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
- Shiori Kubo (Nogizaka46) as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon
- Seira Hayakawa (Nogizaka46) as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
- Mayu Tamura (Nogizaka46) as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
While the main cast is completely new, some of the supporting cast members from the previous play. This would include Mikako Ishii, who will be returning as Mamoru Chiba/ Tuxedo Mask.
The play itself will happen in Tokyo, but they did not reveal where it will be exactly. They also announced that its run will be in October 2019, though there’s no exact schedule for the performances yet. The musicals’ first run happened at The Tennouzu Galaxy Theatre in Tokyo in June 2018, before transferring to the TBS Akasaka ACT Theater in Tokyo in September 2018.