JRock legend and X Japan leader, YOSHIKI is many things, and he has proven that he has a kind heart as well. When the Kyoto Animation arson fire happened and tweeted out a message of support. And now, he has donated 10 million yen for the recovery of the studio and its victims.
YOSHIKI has a deep connection to the anime industry, and he donated through his own non-profit organization, Yoshiki Foundation America. He even released his own statement on the donation:
-- Advertisment --
“I’m always doing tours around the world … No matter where I go, animation fans come to my concerts and support my global activities. I’m always grateful to them. And I always want to contribute to the development of Japan’s anime culture, which I consider one of the world’s treasures. I truly share the pain of those who lost their families. I really hope this will assist the bereaved, and also hope that the circle of support around them will expand.”
His non-profit has previously supported those affected by the Tohoku earthquake, with X Japan donating all profits from their appearances back in 2011. They also raised 28 million yen in concert revenue for the Ishinomaki earthquake reconstruction back in 2015.
However, it’s not all good news. Kyoto Police have now officially released the names of 10 of the 35 individuals who passed away from that horrific arson attack.
Among them is one of KyoAni’s most famous directors, Yasuhiro Takemoto. He directed Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya, HYOUKA, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid TV, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid OAV, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, Amagi Brilliant Park, High Speed! -Free! Starting Days-, and Nyoroun Churuya-san. He also directed several episodes of Lucky Star as well.
The other casualties include:
- Jun’ichi Uda (34) – in-between animator for Chuunibyou, K-On!, Free!, etc
- Yuuki Oomura (23) – rookie animator
- Yuka Kasama (22) – Rookie Animator
- Yoshiji Kigami (61) – Director for Munto, Munto 2, episode director for Violet Evergarden, Tamako Market, and Sound! Euphonium.
- Ami Kuriki (30) – Key animator for Violet Evergarden, Liz and the Blue Bird, Free! Dive to the Future, Free! -Take Your Marks-, High Speed! -Free! Starting Days-, Sound! Euphonium 2, A Silent Voice, Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid, etc.
- Sachie Tsuda (41) – Special Effects animator and clean-up animation, worked on Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Jaruhi Suzumiya, Clannad, Hyouka, etc.
- Futoshi Nishiya (37) – Character Designer and Chief Animation Director for Free! franchise, Character Designer for HYOUKA, Nichijou – My Ordinary Life, A Silent Voice, Liz and the Blue Bird, and The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya
- Keisuke Yokota (34) – Production Manager for Clannad, Clannad After Story, K-ON!, HYOUKA, Chuunibyou, etc.
- Mikiko Watanabe (35) – Background Artist and art director for Violet Evergarden, Beyond the Boundary, Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid, Myriad Colors Phantom World, and Amagi Brilliant Park.
Our hearts go out to their families, may they rest in peace.
-- Advertisment --
Source: Kyoto Shimbun