The final episode of the first season for the TV anime remake of Fruits Basket has now aired. And as it ended, they announced details for the second season. The announcement revealed that the anime will continue sometime in 2020.
Hana to Yume magazine’s 20th issue for 2019 was recently released last 20th September, and it also confirmed the second season announcement.
The cast from season 1 included:
- Manaka Iwami as Tohru Honda
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Yuki Sohma
- Yuuma Uchida as Kyo Sohma
- Yuuichi Nakamura as Shigure Sohma
- Atsumi Tanezaki as Arisa Uotani
- Satomi Satou as Saki Hanajima
- Rie Kugimiya as Kagura Sohma
- Megumi Han as Momiji Sohma
- Makoto Furukawa as Hatsuharu Sohma
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Hatori Sohma
- Takahiro Sakurai as Ayame Sohma
- Maaya Sakamoto as Akito Sohma
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Kyouko Honda
The original anime premiered in July 2001 and ended its run in December of the same year. This would make this new anime premiering almost 20 years after the previous one aired. Previously, DEEN adapted the manga into a 24-episode TV anime. Now, TMS Entertainment is taking over the adaptation, with Yoshihide Ibata directing it. As for the character designs, Masaru Shindou is designing the characters, while Takaya-sensei herself is serving as executive supervisor.