Are you familiar with Azone International’s Dollfie Dream line of dolls? Well, Azone also has another line of dolls called Assault Lily, and it’s a 1/12 scale line of dolls focusing on girls wielding weapons. And now, that very doll line is getting a TV anime from none other than SHAFT (Madoka Magica, Monogatari franchise, Nisekoi).
The new anime will incorporate the dolls’ main theme of “beautiful girls with weapons”. It will be set in the near future, when humanity is facing annihilation from mysterious creatures known as “Huge”. And to fight these monsters, they develop weapons known as “CHARM”, which combines science with magic. And only girls known as “LILIES” can wield them.
The franchise also has an upcoming stage play titled Assault Lily: League of Guardians, with Bushiroad producing it. It will be held at the Shinjuke Face venue in Tokyo, from 9-15 January 2019. What makes this noteworthy is that much of that play’s cast will be reprising their roles for the anime. They include:
- Hikaru Akao as Riri Hitotsuyanagi
- Yuuko Natsuyoshi as Yuyu Shirai
- Mikako Izawa as Kaede Johan Nouvelle
- Rimi Nishimoto as Fumi Futagawa
- Risa Tsumugi as Tazusa Andou
- Haruki Iwata as Thi Mai Yoshimura
- Sana Hoshimori as Kuo Shenlin
- Hikaru Tohno as Wang Yujia
- Karin Takahashi as Miliam Hildegard von Globius
Shouji Saeki will be directing the new anime over at SHAFT, with Mieko Hosoi designing the characters. Expect the staff to reveal more details soon.
source: Comic Natalie