The story of Sailor Moon Crystal will continue with the 2-part Pretty Guardians Sailor Moon Eternal The MOVIE films. And now, the anime’s official website has announced that Toei won’t just be animating the series alone, as they’re co-producing it with Studio DEEN.
The film will be a continuation of Sailor Moon Crystal’s story, and it will adapt the Dead Moon arc from Naoko Takeuchi’s original manga. Much of the cast from Sailor Moon Crystal are also returning for the film:
- Kotono Mitsuishi as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon
- Hisako Kanemoto as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
- Rina Satou as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
- Ami Koshimizu as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
- Shizuka Itou as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
- Misato Fukuen as Chibi-Usa/Sailor Chibi Moon
Naoko Takeuchi is credited with the original work, and she’s also supervising the film’s production. Chiaki Kon, who directed the anime’s “third season” is also returning to direct the film.
Meanwhile, the project aims for the nostalgia button, as the original 90’s character designer, Kazuko Tadano, is returning as well. Finally, Kazuyuki Fudeyasu is penning the scripts for both films. He previously worked on all five parts of the Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure TV anime.
Source: Pretty Guardians Sailor Moon Eternal The MOVIE anime’s official website