Touken Ranbu fans, rejoice! It looks like the browser game’s anime adaptation, Token Ranbu Hanamaru, ain’t the only one that’s getting a sequel. The staff of the live-action film adaptation have also revealed that a sequel for the movie version is also in the works.
The announcement stated that the film will tentatively debut in 2021. Unfortunately, they did not reveal any further details as of the moment.
Actors from the hit Touken Ranbu stage plays also worked on the first film, as well as some new additions. The cast for the first film, which premiered January of last year, are:
- Hiroki Suzuki as Mikazuki Munechika*
- Yoshihiro Aramaki as Yamanbagiri Kunihiro*
- Ryou Kitamura as Yagen Toushirou*
- Masanari Wada as Heshikiri Hasebe*
- Hiroaki Iwanaga (Berserk anime’s Guts) as Nihongou
- Fuuma Sadamoto as Honebami Toushirou
- Taizou Shiina as Fudou Yukimitsu *
- Tomoki Hirose as Uguisu Maru
* reprises role from the live-action stage plays
Source: Live-action Touken Ranbu Twitter Page