The upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions film will feature the return of the original heroes of the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise, Yuugi Mutou and Seto Kaiba. According to a magazine scan from the upcoming issue #47 of Weekly Shounen Jump! magazine, Yuugi’s friends will be returning as well.
-- Advertisment --
The scan also revealed that the character of Mokuba Kaiba, Seto Kaiba’s younger brother has had a growth spurt. It also reveals that the original Japanese-dub cast from the 90’s anime will also be reprising their roles for the movies.
- Hidehiro Kikuchi (Meimon! Daisan Yakyuu-bu’s Asunaro Enoki) as Hiroto Honda (Tristan Taylor)
- Hiroki Takahashi (Hetalia’s Japan and Prince of Tennis’s Eiji Kikumaru) as Katsuya Jounouchi (Joey Wheeler)
- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto’s Naruto and Digimon’s Gomamon) as Mokuba Kaiba
- Maki Saitou (Aishiteruze Baby’s Aki Kagami) as Anzu Masaki (Téa Gardener)
- Rica Matsumoto (Pokemon’s Satoshi/ Ash) as Ryou Bakura
It was previously announced that Yuugi and Kaiba’s original seiyuus, Shunsuke Kazama and Kenjiro Tsuda (Free!’s Seijuurou Mikoshiba and K’s Mikoto Suoh), will be reprising their respective roles. The film’s script is written by Yu-Gi-Oh! manga creator Kazuki Takahashi, while Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal’s Satoshi Kuwabara will be directing the film. It is set six months after the end of the manga and is scheduled to premiere in Japan on Golden Week 2016. An international premiere has also been set for late 2016.