Studio Pierrot (Naruto) has announced that their original anime and Netflix-exclusive series, Hero Mask, is getting a second season. They also revealed a brand new trailer and key visual for the new anime as well:
Meanwhile, the anime’s official website has confirmed that the second season will also be a Netflix exclusive, and it will be released globally. It will debut in the global streaming service starting 23 August 2019.
Studio Pierrot has confirmed that Hiroyasu Aoki is returning to not only direct the series but also wrote the story and script. Meanwhile, FLCL Progressive and Blood-C animation director Takahisa Katagiri is also returning as character designer. As for the cast, much of them are returning from the first season as well, and they are:
- Yasuyuki Kase as James Blood
- Yuko Kaida as Sarah Sinclair
- Junpei Morita as Lennox Gallagher
- Kentaro Takano as Edmond Chandler
- Kouki Uchiyama as Harry Creighton
- Yutaka Aoyama as Geffrey Connor
- Yutaka Nakano as Richard Burner
- Takayuki Sugo as Steven Martland
- Haruka Shibuya as Monica Campbell
- Tomoyuki Shimura as Fred Faraday
- Yuuichi Karasuma as Grimm
- Yukiyo Fujii as Eve Palmer
- Tomoko Miyadera as Anna Winehouse
Here’s how the official website describes the anime’s story in English:
There’s a mysterious Mask before James Blood, and the man behind it is one that shouldn’t exist.
What is the mystery surrounding this mask…?
So begins an action-packed crime story set in a beautiful city!