Good news Free! fans, because the official website for the swimming anime has some very special White Day treats for you guys as your favorite Free! characters have given special voice messages just for the occasion.
These messages come from the very characters themselves, so you can listen on to what they have to say through this link.
The ones sending in their White Day messages are Haruka Nanase, voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki (Date A Live’s Shidou Itsuka), Makoto Tachibana, voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Kuroko’s Basketball’s Kazunari Takao), Rin Matsuoka, voiced by Mamoru Miyano (Gundam 00’s Setsuna F. Seiei), Nagisa Hazuki, voiced by Tsubasa Yonaga (Cardfight! Vanguard’s Aichi Sendou), and Rei Ryuugazaki, voiced by Daisuke Hirakawa (School Days’ Makoto Itou).
Here is a translation of their White Day messages:
- Haruka: “Thanks for earlier. Please take this. I also tried making it myself.”
- Makoto: “This is in return for the Valentine’s gift. Sorry, I’m not so good at making sweets.”
- Rin: “That Valentine’s gift was good. This is for you.”
- Nagisa: “Here! This is for you. It’s thanks for before. When I get serious, even I can make this kind of thing!”
- Rei: “Here, I’m giving this to you. This is for the other day. I thought for a really long time about what I should do in return.”
White Day is always celebrated a month after Valentine’s Day, which is on 15 March. It is the day that boys usually give their replies to the girls who gave them Valentine chocolates. Like V-day, boys also give out obligatory chocolates and cookies to their female friends and often confess to some of them as well. It is the exact opposite of Valentine’s in Japan where the girls hand out the chocolates to the guys.
Comments are closed for this post.