Japanese music magazine, CD & DL Data, recently asked almost 7,000 anime fans (6,956 people to be exact) to vote for their favorite Anisong. The list ranked some of the greatest and most recognised anime songs of all time, but which songs were the best?
Below are the list of top 20 songs from the poll. Of course, the #1 song is none other than:
- Cruel Angel Thesis by Youko Takahashi (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- Touch by Yoshimi Iwasaki (Touch)
- Moonlight Densetsu by DALI (Sailor Moon)
- Makafushigi Adventure by Hiroki Takahashi (Dragon Ball)
- CHA-LA HEAD-CHA- LA by Hironobu Kageyama (Dragon Ball Z)
- Sazae-san by Yuuko Uno (Sazae-san)
- We Are! by Hiroshi Kitadani (One Piece)
- Get Wild by TM Netword (City Hunter)
- Odoru Pompokolin by B.B. QUEENS (Chibi Maruko-chan)
- LION by May’n and Megumi Nakajima/ Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)
- Until the World Ends… by WANDS (Slam Dunk)
- Butter-fly by Kouji Wada (Digimon Adventure 01)
- Space Battleship Yamato by Isao Sasaki (Space Battleship Yamato)
- Doraemon no Uta by Kumiko Oosugi (Doraemon)
- Anpanman March by Dreaming (Anpanman)
- Soul’s Refrain by Youko Takahashi (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- Kimi ga Suki da to Sakebitai by Baad (Slam Dunk)
- Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari by supercell (Bakemonogatari)
- Melissa by Porno Graffiti (Fullmetal Alchemist)
- Genesis of Aquarion by AKINO (Genesis of Aquarion)
More than 20 years after it was introduced, Cruel Angel’s Thesis still reigns as the most favorite AniSong for many fans. There were a few upsets along the way, such as Butter-fly not making it to the Top 10. So, what is your favorite Anisong?
Be the first to write a comment.