Believe it or not, there are actually guys who are really into Sanrio characters like Hello Kitty and My Melody. And did you know that Sanrio also has a multimedia franchise based on these guys who love Sanrio characters? It’s called Sanrio Danshi (Sanrio Boys), and they are actually making a TV anime about it!
-- Advertisment --
The anime follows five Sanrio-loving boys who are coming out and embracing their fandom. Because really, is being a Sanrio fan that embarrassing? They have also revealed the anime’s main cast, and it will include:
- Kouta Hasegawa (CV: Takuya Eguchi), a Pompompurin fan
- Yuu Mizuno (CV: Soma Saitou), a My Melody fan
- Shunsuke Yoshino (CV: Jun Oosaka), a Hello Kitty fan
- Ryou Nishimiya (CV: Hiroyuki Kagera), a Little Twin Stars fan
- Seiichiro Minamoto (CV: Yuma Uchida), a Cinnamoroll fan
The five seiyuu who are voicing the main characters also released several soundtrack CDs together as the Sanrio Danshi. They also have a drama CD, as well as a manga.
The Sanrio Puroland amusement park will actually hold an event for the franchise on 12th March. During the event, they will be announcing more details about the anime.