The staff of the upcoming Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna film has confirmed that the film will not just feature the adult versions of the original Digidestined, but the 2nd generation as well. They even revealed their character designs, as well as their respective seiyuu.
Fukujurou Katayama as Daisuke Motomiya and Junko Noda as V-Mon
Arthur Lounsbery as Ken Ichijouji and Naozumi Takahashi as Wormmon
Ayaka Asai as Miyako Inoue and Kouichi Toochika as Hawkmon
Yoshitaka Yamaya as Iori Hida and Megumi Urawa as Armadimon
Now that certainly sparks a ton of nostalgia, doesn’t it?
The film will premiere in Japan on 21 February 2020. They previously revealed that Tomohisa Taguchi is directing the film at Yumeta Company. He previously directed Twin Star Exorcists and Kino’s Journey – A Beautiful World. Meanwhile, original Digimon Adventure screenplay writer, Akatsuki Yamatoya is returning to the series as well. Toei Animation will be producing the film. They also confirmed the cast members, which includes:
- Natsuki Hanae as Taichi Yagami
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Yamato Ishida
- Suzuko Mimori as Sora Takenouchi
- Mutsumi Tamura as Kōshirō Izumi
- Hitomi Yoshida as Mimi Tachikawa
- Junya Ikeda as Jou Kido
- Junya Enoki as Takeru Takaishi
- M.A.O as Hikari Yagami
- Chika Sakamoto as Agumon
- Mayumi Yamaguchi as Gabumon
- Atori Shigematsu as Piyomon
- Takahiro Sakurai as Tentomon
- Kinoko Yamada as Palmon
- Junko Takeuchi as Gomamon
- Miwa Matsumoto as Patamon
- Yuka Tokumitsu as Tailmon
The Digidestined cast members will be reprising their roles from the Digimon Adventure Try series, while the Digimon cast are reprising their roles from the classic 1999 TV anime.